Michelle Krasinski received her Bachelor of Music degree from the State University of New York College at Fredonia (SUNY Fredonia). During her undergraduate studies, she double majored in bassoon performance and piano performance/pedagogy, minored in sociology and graduated Magna Cum Laude. While at SUNY Fredonia, Michelle received the Fredonia Foundation Award, Promeley Piano Award, and Pommit Concert Award. She studied bassoon with Dr. John Gillette and Nadina Mackie-Jackson, and studied piano with Dr. Nathan Hess and Dr. Sang Woo Kang. Michelle is also a member of the American College of Musicians and National Guild of Piano Teachers.
Michelle received her Master of Music degree in bassoon performance from the Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University where she was awarded the American Bassoon Company Prize in Woodwinds. Michelle studied with Phil Kolker and performed under notable conductors such as Leon Fleisher and Gustav Meier. While at Peabody, Michelle continued to take piano literature and analytical classes along with performance practice classes for piano.
Michelle was involved in numerous solo, chamber, and large ensemble performances. She performed bassoon with the Charleston Symphony Orchestra, Hilton Head Symphony Orchestra, Camp-Of-The-Woods Orchestra, Beaufort Symphony Orchestra, and American Festival Pops Orchestra. She also has experience as an organist/pianist for churches, funerals, weddings, and school choirs, furthermore, during her University years she performed as accompanist for lessons, juries, Masterclasses, and recital seminars.
Michelle performed in solo bassoon Masterclasses for many bassoonists including:
- K. David Van Hoesen - Former principle bassoonist of the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra and professor emeritus of Eastman School of Music (as well as former bassoon professor at Oberlin Conservatory and Cleveland Institute of Music).
- Nadina Mackie-Jackson (twice) - Bassoon professor at University of Toronto and Glenn Gould School of Music of the Royal Conservatory of Music. Recording artist. Former bassoonist of the Montreal Symphony. Visit NadinaMackieJackson.com for more information.
- David McGill - Grammy Award-Winning bassoonist. Currently principle bassoonist of the Chicago Symphony.
- William Ludwig - Bassoon professor at Indiana University. Former principle bassoonist of the Baton Rouge Symphony and Florida Orchestra.
- Martha Sholl - Bassoon professor at Houghton College. Bassoonist with the Rochester Philharmonic and Syracuse Symphony.
- Michael Kroth - Bassoon professor at Michigan State University. Currently principle bassoonist of the Greater Lansing Symphony Orchestra.
- David DeBolt - Bassoon professor at Kent State University. Served as principal bassoonist for the orchestras of Birmingham, Tulsa, and the Santa Fe Opera.
Michelle performed in chamber Mastersclasses for the following:
- Katherine Needleman - Oboe professor at the Peabody Conservatory. Principle oboist of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra.
- JoAnn Falletta - Music Director of the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra.